- 2½ dl milk
- 1 egg
- 1 dl sugar
- 2 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g baking margarine or 1 dl liquid margarine
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 4 dl Provena Gluten Free Flour Mix With Oats
- For glazing: egg
- Topping: canned cherries, ground almonds
- Warm the milk to a little warmer than your hand (+42 degrees).
- Add the egg, sugar, cardamom, salt, and soft or liquid margarine to the milk. Mix the dry yeast into the flour mix and add to the dough. Mix the dough with a wooden fork until smooth.
- Turn out the dough into a greased, rectangular (around 30 x 20 cm) oven pan. Spread the dough evenly with a spatula or floured hands.
- Let rise in a warm, draftless place covered with a cloth for around 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Glaze with egg and use a pastry cutter to cut it into squares. Press a cherry half into the centre of each square. Decorate with ground almonds.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for around 20 minutes.