- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- From baking paper, cut a piece of paper the size of a 26 cm diameter springform pan and place in the pan. Grease the edges of the pan.
- Peel and cube the apples.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar. Add the liquid margarine.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the mixture in alternating turns with the milk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the apple cubes on top. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Measure all the ingredients for icing into a saucepan. Heat until it begins to boil, stirring all the time.
- Take the cake from the oven and pour the icing evenly over the cake. Continue to cook for another 25-30 minutes. If the top of the cake begins to darken, cover it with baking paper.